Friday 4 April 2008

Rod

There was much excitement in our Crawley office last night when two reporters insisted they had seen Rod Stewart walking into a bar across the road.

They went down to investigate and dragged him into the office for a photo and interview, but on closer inspection it seems their excitement may have got the better of them.

I guess it says something for their initiative, but it says even more about their eyesight. Here's their exclusive 'Rod' photo.



Other things that have caught my attention this week: Croydon Voluntary Action have produced what sounds like a rather libellous feature in their latest publication accusing the Advertiser of inciting racial hatred.

It follows a story a good few months ago about an illegal immigrant, Mokhta Tabet, who demanded to be flown home because he thought Croydon residents were 'rude and unhelpful.'

As I mentioned last week, this comes at a time when I'm still receiving a steady stream of hate mail from people angy we turned down BNP advertising.

Much as I might disagree with the BNP's policies, I'll also gladly publicise people who attempt to abuse the immigration system - changing our website means I can't link to the original story, but here's the Evening Standard version.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this the wettest blog entry ever? Doesn't say much for your reporters' observational skills.