Wednesday 2 April 2008

April 1

I've not had the chance to write anything all week, which means I missed out on April Fool's Day on Tuesday.

I'm no fan of April 1 because I'm a bit of a misery, but I let the news team go ahead with the 'Taberner House to be painted pink' tale anyway.

I didn't expect it to fool anybody, so I was surprised to hear that one reporter on another paper not a million miles away had phoned the Croydon Council press office attempting to follow the story up.

Nothing funny about this week's news list though - the stabbing at the Whitgift Centre has quickly become the most read story on this site since it launched, and it's generating an awful lot of interest.

Some of the comments make interesting - if unpleasant - reading in the light of recent debates about Croydon's image, and people would do well to take note.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't forget Avril. :-(

Anonymous said...

Well, it was a little more obvious than the one a few years ago which has a new street circuit for Formula 1 coming to Croydon. That was truly imaginative and well put together. You know its a good one when you actually read it with shock and then at the end of the article you go 'oh'.