Monday 17 March 2008

Roaring drunk

A member of staff has just threatened to resign on the spot if I make any mention of their behaviour at a leaving do in Tiger Tiger on Friday.

Much as it pains me, I'll have to let this sorry tale of text message abuse pass without mention and focus on other matters instead.

An interesting response over the weekend to the story about the police and council criticising local newspapers for focussing on crime. I can honestly say that the only people who make these allegations are the ones with a vested interest.

And an even more interesting response to the story about the woman living in 'Croydon's worst home'.

I wasn't expecting the story to generate this level of interest, but I guess it justifies our decision to put it on page three this week.

For the first time - and as predicted last week - we had to start banning some of the more offensive contributors to the messageboard, and some of the ones we left up are teetering on the brink.

Moving on and it's Easter this week, which I hate almost as much as Christmas due to the havoc it causes with deadlines. It's going to be all hands to the pump - and next week will be even worse.

No comments: