Wednesday 19 March 2008

Eggs

I was going to write a long post moaning about the amount of press releases I've received hilariously headed "Egg-citing news" or "Egg-stra special announcement" (it's Easter, see?) but I just can't summon up the necessary energy. Suffice to say, it's quite a lot.

I'm having one of those weeks that involves a lot of quite important meetings, but makes for an even more boring blog than normal, and it's left me quite drained.

As threatened earlier in the week, we've been banning undesirables from posting messages on the website left, right and centre. (Take note, Cro Bar!)

It's not an exact science - the people we ban tend to find a way of creeping back on a few days later - but we're keeping the worst of them at bay.

However, to the lady who left a message saying 'Shame on the editor for allowing people to say these kind of things' after some particularly disparaging comments about New Addington, can I point out the following:

1) Although I've tried physically attaching myself to a terminal 24/7 it makes it quite hard to eat or drive, so there may be times when I'm not constantly monitoring thisiscroydontoday.co.uk

2) Although I'm quite prepared to take responsibility for anything my staff or I write, I'm not prepared to extend this to the general public at large. We've given people an open forum to comment on the things we publish, and it's not really my fault if so many of them are choosing to stage on online version of Lord of the Flies.

Thank you.

No comments: