Friday 8 February 2008

I hate Facebook

People keep asking me why I'm not on Facebook.

The simple answer is I'd rather slice my own ears off than sign up for something that would invade my own privacy in such a manner.

I couldn't give a monkey's what my friends or work colleagues are up to most of the time - they can give me the edited hightlights when we meet in the pub. That's always worked just fine for me.

Somebody else who probably shares my view of the site is Sonya Manger, whose traumatic Facebook sex lies experience is recounted in today's Advertiser (and hopefully on the homepage by the time you read this.)

The comment we got from the official Facebook spokesman, when we asked why they were publising fake pictures of Sonya and claiming she was a sex-crazed lesbian, only added to my loathing.

Rather than thanking us for bringing it to their attention, they thanked us for 'bubbling this up to us.' Good grief, when did that become a phrase? Typical Californians.

No comments: