Wednesday 9 July 2008

Pigeons and poetry


Many thanks to the reader who reminded me that Mr Mappin (see below) is the same man who set up a series of 'good news only' papers a while ago.

I don't think they're still going, but you can read about them here.

Many thanks to the other reader who made an equally valid comment on the same topic, although I hope you understand why I've decided it's probably best not to publish it for now.

Right, back to Croydon and our reporter Aline Nassif poetically claimed that 'stories were falling on her like pigeon droppings' this week.

She's right as well.

One story in particular, which is currently causing a few legal shenanigans, will make a very striking front page, even if some people are trying to block its publication.

It's shaping up to be another strong paper all round, with another two or three stories easily strong enough to be the front page lead in any other week.

Oh, and work continues apace on the new Croydon site - I think I'll post the temporary address later this week so you can have a sneak preview.

No comments: