Monday 28 July 2008

Back

Well I almost managed to go a fortnight without thinking about Croydon before blowing it right at the last minute.

Flicking through a dog-eared copy of the Sunday People in a Spanish airport in the early hours of this morning I came across a spread headlined 'The town where even the police get beaten up' and suddenly I was right back in Advertiser House. You can read it for yourself here.

It was quite interesting coming to this type of story completely fresh, and I have to say it didn't make Croydon sound like the kind of place I'd like to go shopping, and I shudder to think how these continual incidents will impact on the local economy.

(Incidentally, some of you may recognise the name of the report's author. Josh Layton worked at the Advertiser where he was named Press Gazette reporter of the year after a series of gang-related articles.)

That aside, I'm not really back into the swing of things yet, and haven't finished wading through my email backlog which I suspect will take me the rest of the afternoon.

No comments: