Monday 12 May 2008

Annoying

Things that have annoyed me so far this week, part one.

1) People who add comments to stories saying 'This article is of no interest to anyone. Shame on you, Croydon Advertiser, for running it.'

These are usually - in fact make that always - the stories which have had the most hits and the most responses.

If you don't like it, don't read it - and certainly don't destroy your own argument about how uninteresting it is by commenting on it.

See 'Couple beg council to revitalise their sex life' here for the latest example - ok, it won't win us the Pulitzer Prize, but at least it's entertained a few people.

2) NCP, who are fast becoming my least-favourite car park operators. (A small field, admittedly).

Not content with fleecing me every time I use a car park in Croydon they are now ripping me off in Crawley too.

A FIVE MINUTE stop outside our office in the town centre earlier cost me a ludicrous £2.50. I won't be making that mistake again.

3) News editors who send me pictures under the pretence of wanting to know if they are suitable for publication, but which I know they are only really doing to try to make me feel ill. If we printed some of the more graphic images floating around our photographic system, we'd be on sale on the top shelf.

4) An old favourite - press officers still sending me rubbish.

Today's contributions: "How to wear skyscraper heels" (thank you Zoe from ccdpr). "Cheer up your home with a cherry French bridge" (I have NO idea what that is about, and I am refusing to find out). 'MP releases charity record' (That would be John Hemming, MP for, um, Birmingham Yardley.)"Soggy cereal health scare' (no comment). And so on and on.

Never mind. The sun is shining, the news list is shaping up well and I'm still confident Palace are going to turn over Bristol City tomorrow night.

No comments: